eyeOS architecture can be fully clusterized. This enables us to balance the eyeOS load as well as the office conversion to gain in horizontal scalability and availability.
Responsible for managing resources via call services to the system
- Web API Rest Server – Enables communication between applications and eyeOS via APIs
- Web Netsync Server – Enables real time communication. It is isolated from the Web API Rest Server since it consumes the server’s resources in a different way than the web server
- File System – Enables data storage. NAS: Network Access Storage
- DB – Metadata storage: groups, user profiles, preferences, privileges, etc.
- Office conversion – Service that converts documents and files into browser friendly formats. Benefit: eyeOS always handles files in the best format for its environment
- Multimedia conversion – service that coneverts multimedia files into browser friendly formats.
- Middleware – Manages the eyeOS server via a web front end without having to access the Linux layer below and eliminates the need to run advanced commands.